Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What a Del.icio.us use of Tags

After using the PBCLS Del.icio.us account I set up my own account. I typed in "Wii" in the search box and it listed over 60,000 tags. The list of common tags was useful in the fact that it gives you other suggestions of search terms to narrow down the field. After looking at some of the bookmarks listed I tagged a couple. I liked the notes attached to the bookmarks. The notes are a lot like reviews in Amazon. You can also click on the person posting the bookmark and see what else they have bookmarked. The use of tags would be useful in research because it could save time in repetitive searches by a group. You could see what avenues have already been pursued. I like the fact that your bookmarks can be viewed from any computer.

No comments: