Monday, July 7, 2008

The Finish Line

It's hard to believe it's been 9 weeks already. I have enjoyed the learning experience from the Web 2.0 Project. I have to say creating the blog in itself and adding to it was my favorite part of Web 2.0. I also had fun with Picnik an image editor, the image and text generators I tried, Flickr and ZOHO writer. I also liked the use of Wikis for a collaborative staff FYI site to share ideas and concerns. If the Library offered another discovery program like this in the future I would chose to participate. I like learning new technologies whether they be Internet, software or hardware. The discovery program made me take the time to learn some of the new Internet services out on the web that I may not have found time to learn about. I liked the weekly structure of assignments and the way they were organized. The only downside to the discovery project was trying to find time in your work day to do the weekly exercises. I had to do most of the project after work to stay up to speed and complete the project. To sum up the Web 2.0 experience I would have to say it was great fun.

No comments: