Monday, July 7, 2008

Downloading in Overdrive

After touring the Digital Media collection on the library's website I installed the Overdrive software onto my computer at home so that I could download digital audiobooks. I browsed a few titles in different genres and listened to some excepts. Some narrators are more interesting than others. I found a couple of interesting titles that were already checked out and put my digital hold on the titles. I did find a title to download to my computer which was easy and straight forward. I decided to burn the title to CD since iPod's are not compatible at this time. To burn the entire book at once would take 6 CD's so I burned one part which took one CD. I intend to listen to this first installment of the book I selected in my truck. I have never listened to an audiobook. I have always thought of books for reading not listening. I look forward to the experience.

No comments: